Sunday, January 25, 2009

J's Karate test and Zambonis.

Saturday J had a karate test for belt advancement. As usual he totally rocked it. Here are a few pictures I got of him in action:







Natasha had to come with me and she was totally bored because there were no little girls for her to play with. She did have a good time watching a couple of girls practice figure skating in the ice skating arena which is is right next to the karate room. She kept begging me to let her go up to the observation area so she could watch people ice skate. I relented and let her go, but I was paranoid the whole time thinking someone was going to walk off with her. She let me know in no uncertain terms that she is a big girl and can take care of herself. I checked on her a couple of times and she was fine. At one point they brought out the Zamboni. (for all you non-Peanuts fans, that is a machine used to clean the ice) She asked me if I had ever driven one. I of course told her I hadn't. She told me, "You should get that job because it looks fun." I couldn't argue there, "Zamboni driver" sounds a lot cooler than "IT Analyst" and my redneck friends would think I raced European sports cars.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Those pictures are really cool!

rosanne said...

Those are FABULOUS pics of J! What a cool kid!